Friday 8 June 2012

My ADHD and the Power of People...What???

Just in case you didn't know, I was diagnosed in high school as a kid with ADHD. And diagnosed again 10 years ago, and once again less than a year ago. So basically, there is no way around it, I am one of those ADHD kids. Haha, and that's exaclty it, I am a kid and just about anyone that knows me can tell you that too. 

The woman I train with regularly even has an ongoing joke that while she is focused on training and getting properly prepared for races and events, I am off running and chasing bunnies and squirrels on a moments notice. All I have to say is if I see a squirrel or rabbit while I am running or biking, I may break my neck trying to chase one down.

In other words, I get excited about things very easily, lose focus constantly, and am basically all over the place.  I believe excercise and training has allowed me to learn how to gain focus and maybe even "let out" all the excitement!  However, sometimes, it just increases my excitement and energy!  My family says that I act like I am twelve years old. If thats the case, I am fine with acting twelve because I really feel much younger since this weight loss. 

I am happy I get a chance to do and experience the things that I have this past year and a half, but most of all, I am happy that I have changed my life to become healthier and most of all, probably increased my life so I can drive my family and friends crazy even longer!! Haha
Seriously though, I am so fortunate to be able to have lost the weight and also have family and friends that care about me.  I am also very fortunate to have parents that are strong enough to fight and beat cancer multiple times.  I can't imagine how tough it is to fight something like that, but I know it can be done because I have seen it with my own eyes. 

We all know that life is busy and never stops for anyone to wait and catch up.  I guess the trick is to just keep running and get the most that we can while we are on this planet. I am very fortunate to have been able to lose this weight and even learn a thing or two about the power of the human spirit and whether they show it on the outside, just how strong people can be!!

So as I get back to my busy life and my training, I look back and realize how fortunate I am. 

I have also posted this video/slideshow because people have said that I need to post it, so for those of you hecklers, give me your best shot, because I can take it, but for those of you who are interested, check out the video below.

My First Weight Loss Video!! Tell Me What You Think!!


Back to training, humbled by the power of people, and happy to be alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment