Wednesday 4 January 2012

Overwhelmed??? Yes, But Excited About It!!

I am getting a little overwhelmed with the volume of training that I want to do versus the amount that I am currently doing.  I want to increase my running mileage to 40-45 miles a week while doing three to four spin classes, three swim workouts, two weight lifting days, and one overall resistance day per week. Sometimes it is very difficult to fit all this into a week. 

Also, as I work into increasing my workout regime, I know that in the future, I will have to start focusing on longer runs, swims, and bike rides with the upcoming marathon and triathlon events that I have scheduled.  Also, to top it off, I know that as I approach the time to start preparing for the Half and Full Ironman events, I will be greatly increasing my training regimen. 

So as I look into the future with great anticipation, I am humbled by the shear dedication it takes to train and properly prepare for these types of events.  This journey that I am on is exciting and new, but it takes complete dedication.  I am excited about what 2012 has in store for me, but I know that I must also pay attention and learn from my experiences. 

Also, the YMCA that I belong to has, of course, gotten busier recently; obviously due to the New Year.  Watching all the new people coming to the gym for the first time in a while, or maybe even for the first time ever has reminded me where I was a year ago.  Watching these people come in and get excited about exercising has also increased my motivation.  I want to wish everyone that is starting or maybe even picking up exercising again good luck!  I wish the best for each of you and hope that you can stick with it! 

Overwhelmed, but always running…

No comments:

Post a Comment