Thursday 29 December 2011

2011... A Glimpse in the Rearview Mirror


It all started on January 10, 2011.  A very fat man decided he would, like millions of other New Year's Resolutions, that he would lose weight. Only, unlike others who tend to let go of their resolutions by the end of the first month, he decided to see what what he was made of. 

I started this journey almost a year ago. I had no idea what was in store for me and I had no idea what I could actually do if I put my mind and body "all in."  Since this journey started, I have officially lost 148 lbs. and I am not even close to being done with my journey.  I may not have as much weight to lose as I once did, but I now have additional goals.  I have hopes and dreams that at one time never seemed to appeal to me nor did I even think I could do them.  My life has changed in way that not many people can understand.  My attitude towards life has changed, it is filled with motivation, enthusiasm, and levels of energy that I never dreamt of having. 

I have said all along, that it was not just about losing weight, but making myself a better person both inside and out.  I feel that I have started on that journey and although I have so much more to learn and experience, I have already had a list of unbelievable experiences thus far.  I found friends and "coaches" in the most unexpected places.  I have had unbelievable support from coworkers, friends, and family alike and could never have imagined how much that support would motivate me to be better and even do better.  I could not have achieved what I have achieved so far without the help from everyone. 

If some of you are reading this blog, I want to say "Thank You!" Your support has literally helped me change my life, and probably even save it!

So as I get ready to embark into 2012, I look back to 2011 and remind myself just where I started and remind myself what it took to get to where I am now.  Would I do it all over again if I had to? Damn right I would!!  So, 2011, you are almost finished and now I say "Hello 2012, what do ya got for me?"

Let's get it done in 2012, because 2013 follows right behind and there is so much more to experience.


Good bye 2011, Hello 2012, and still running...

No comments:

Post a Comment