Thursday 1 December 2011

Another Brief History Moment

Just in case you are reading these posts and wondering why I decided to put together a Blog. I know losing weight is nothing special; everyone does it each year, and some are even much more successful than me.  Of course people lose weight for all different reasons; health factors, vacation plans, weddings, reunions, etc. I am just a regular person with a regular job, family obligations, bills to pay, but I have started this Blog for just that reason.  I want to show that people can change regardless of who and what the reasons are. Because even if an average guy like me can turn his life around, anyone can.

My reason was mainly because I had been fat or "morbidly obese" for more than a decade and I have three children and a wife who depend on me day in and day out to "get it done."  Last January 2011, I was downloading the photos that I took on Christmas 2010 and just kind of "woke up."  I didn't realize how big I really was until I saw those photos.

I knew that I had the self-discipline. I quit smoking "cold-turkey" over five years ago after smoking almost fifteen years, so I knew that I could lose some weight.  But as I said before, I never knew that I would or could lose this much.

So, today and everyday since I have been on this journey, I have pledged to make myself a better person, not just on the outside, but on the inside too.  I am not just doing this for me, but mainly for my family too. I want to be alive and well enough to walk both my daughters down the aisle at their weddings, and I want to see my grandchildren grow up.  I have much more life to live, and a year ago, I am not sure if I had 10-15 years left.  There was just no telling how long I had weighing almost 400 lbs.

These are a few of the reasons for wanting to make myself a better person:

No comments:

Post a Comment