Tuesday 29 November 2011

Time to Swim!!

This morning I had my second official swim class.  It went about as well as expected for someone who has no idea how to swim competitively.  I would assume I looked like a two year who has hit the water for the first time. I thought to myself, "How could I be so bad at this, I just swam two miles this past weekend?"

Anyway, I know now that how I used to swim was "completely wrong."  But there is still hope, because I have five more classes left.  Woohooo!!  I hope the sarcasm can be detected.

Either way, if I plan to do any length of a triahlon next year, I need to understand how to effeciently swim without using just all of my upper body. I still plan on doing an Olympic distance triathlon next year with the distant hopes of a Half-Ironman and Full Ironman in 2013. At least those are my long-term goals.

All I am concerned about right now is getting ready for the Louisville Derby Marathon and increasing my endurance in the swim, bike, run during the winter.  If anyone has any advice on how to increase endurance during the off-season, please let me know because I am always open to suggestions and/or advice.

Hope everyone is enjoying the work week, and dress warmly, cause in the Kentucky Area, it may be snowing in the morning!! Anyone know how to run in snowboots????

144 pounds lost and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment