Monday 21 November 2011

Thanksgiving Week has Arrived!!

One of the most dreaded weeks for losing weight is upon us, Thanksgiving Week. The time to drive for hours to the family's house and eat as much as you can (multiple times), and then plop on the couch and watch football for hours. Yes, the Holiday Season is now upon us (woohooo!! - hint of sarcasm). Of course, I used to enjoy the Holidays, but mostly for eating rather than hanging out with family and friends.  This year though, I will try to do the opposite.  I will try to enjoy the family side of things this holiday rather than to see how much stuffing, mashed potatoes, ham and turkey, and deviled eggs I can fit onto one paper plate.  This year, I will try to keep my wits about me and stick to the eating habits that have gotten me to where I am now.  Too much emphasis is put onto food, rather then the ultimate goal, family and friends.

This year, it seems that I may have more to be thankful for, my health. I also am thankful for the support that my family and friends have given me through this past year.  Without the support system from my family, the many people at work and the staff at YMCA, I know I could never be where I currently am. The constant acknowledgement and encouraging from everyone have played a large part in fueling my motivation to get where I am today.

One thing that is very important during weight loss, is support, and fortunately, I have had amazing support. If you are planning on losing weight in the next few months, take a look around at the people you deal with from day-to-day, because those people will be motivators to you on the days that you don't feel like pushing yourself.

Therefore this holiday season, I want to thank everyone that has supported me.  In some way, shape or form, you have helped push me to do better, and to expect a better person for myself, and for that, I am humbled and grateful.

Thank you to everyone, and have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment