Thursday 17 November 2011

A little background information...

Like I said before, I started this journey with the hopes of losing a little weight to get healthier, but it has now become a way of life, a start to a new world.  My life has been turned around.  Since the start of my weight loss, I have grown to love running.  I started by running/walking a mile lap until I was able to complete one whole lap! I was 340 lbs when I was able to complete my first lap without stopping.  My knees and feet hurt, and it seemed  like I had just run a marathon, and in fact, once I completed the entire mile, that is exactly what it was.  It was the start of my marathon.

Since that day that I completed that one full mile, I have fell in love with running.  I started by entering a July 4th 10K and then went on to a 5K race.  Just recently, this past October, I just completed a Half-Marathon!! Until this year, I have never entered in a race nor did I think that I could even do one.  I just registered for the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon in April and also have my fingers crossed to get a spot to run the Chicago marathon next year!

I just wanted to share some tidbits about me...

No comments:

Post a Comment