Sunday 20 November 2011

Last Day of the Weekend... Let's Make the Most out of it!!

It is now Sunday morning and I am getting ready to head to the YMCA for my workout.  I have decided that Sunday is typically my day to do my most challenging workouts.  It gives me a chance to clear my head and get ready for the workweek.  However, this week is a shortened week, so I am excited about the time off. 

Today, I will start my morning with a swim workout of around 800-1000 yards, and then transition into an hour and a half spinning class.  Once I get finished with that, it's time to eat a powerbar and move on to some running or strength training (I haven't quite decided yet).  Either way, I have a few hours of fun ahead of me.  I am also looking forward to the Thoroughbred Classic, a 5K run around Keeneland on Thanksgiving morning.  I am going to try to get a new PR on this one. 

Also, yesterday, I ran the new half marathon route for the "Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon" that happens in March 2012, and loved it.  It was an extremly windy and hilly route, but I really enjoyed the chance to run it with other racers.  I usually run alone and it was a different experience to be able to run alongside others.  I think the race itself will be challenging, but I hope to use it as a measure of my physical abilities before the Louisville Marathon that is toward the end of April 2012.

Hope everyone can get out today and have fun! Watch some football, run, shop, or even workout, just have fun. Until next time...

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment